Hydroxychloroquine ‘very safe,’ says Dr. Scott Atlas; blasts ‘garbage’ medical studies

(Worthy News) – The drug hydroxychloroquine has gotten a bad rap thanks to politics, media hype and some “garbage” medical research, according to Dr. Scott Atlas, who joined the White House coronavirus task force earlier this month.

“What’s happened with hydroxychloroquine is that the system has gone mad,” Dr. Atlas said Friday at the Steamboat Institute Freedom Conference. “I sort of make the analogy that we all know objective journalism is basically dead in this country, I’m very cynical about that, and now what we’re seeing is that objective science is nearly dead.”

Dr. Atlas, a senior fellow with the Hoover Institution in Stanford, California, emphasized that the drug has not been proven as a treatment for the novel coronavirus — “I’m not going to say it’s proven to work because it’s not” — but he challenged those who have accused President Trump of pushing snake oil. [ Source: Washington Times (Read More…) ]