Israel Expands Gaza Offensive to Crush Terror Networks and Secure Strategic Zones


Gaza Strip Worthy Christian News

by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent

(Worthy News) – Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz announced Wednesday that Israel is expanding its Gaza operations following heavy overnight strikes, with troops aiming to eliminate terrorist infrastructure and secure territory for expanded security zones.

“Operation Strength and Sword in Gaza is expanding to crush and clear the area of terrorists and terror infrastructure, and to capture extensive territories that will be annexed to Israel’s security zones,” Katz said.

He urged residents to act, stating, “I call on Gaza residents to act now to remove Hamas and return all the hostages.”

Katz concluded, “I wish success to the IDF soldiers fighting with courage and strength in Gaza for the return of the hostages and the defeat of Hamas.”

Overnight, the IDF launched widespread ground and air strikes targeting Hamas infrastructure across Gaza.

The expanded offensive followed an evacuation order for all of Rafah and the area between Rafah and Khan Younis—zones not previously entered by ground forces. Issued during Eid al-Fitr, the Muslim holiday marking the end of Ramadan, it was the largest evacuation directive since fighting resumed earlier this month after a two-month ceasefire.

Arab media reported intense artillery fire in Rafah, describing it as a “ring of fire,” with IDF tanks pushing into the city center.

With recent advances in both southern and northern Gaza, Israel is now nearing control of nearly 30% of the territory, according to defense sources.

Despite expanding operations, defense sources said the IDF is avoiding areas where hostages may be held.

Defense sources said the current three-division invasion has prompted limited reservist call-ups, with no large-scale mobilization needed unless the operation widens. They dismissed claims of mass reservist refusal over government actions and rejected concerns that holding more Gaza territory would significantly increase IDF casualties.

​As of March 30, 2025, approximately 59 hostages remain in Hamas’ captivity in Gaza. Israeli authorities estimate that at least 35 of these individuals are deceased. The remaining hostages include both civilians and military personnel.

Israel resumed airstrikes on March 18, followed by a ground offensive that ended a nearly two-month ceasefire.

We're being CENSORED ... HELP get the WORD OUT! SHARE!!!
Copyright 1999-2025 Worthy News. All rights reserved.

If you are interested in articles produced by Worthy News, please check out our FREE sydication service available to churches or online Christian ministries. To find out more, visit Worthy Plugins.

Worthy Christian News